Monday, February 2, 2015

Picking the right Avocado

Weeks ago while I was perusing Pinterst, I found an avocado ripeness test. I had never heard about this tests nor did I realize I would ever rely on it for the purchase of the only good avocados in the grocery.
http://www.nwedible.com/2012/05/never-buy-a-rotten-avocado-again.html


Because we are working to eat on $150 every two weeks, I was really glad to see avocados on sale for $.88 a piece.  As I was walking through the fresh produce, I had to search for the location of the avocados because there were only about 20 left in the bin. (Everyone loves a good avocado sale!) While I walked towards the bin, a woman looked them over and just walked away.  Most of them were mushy.  Really mushy. Thankfully, I had seen this diagram on Pinterest and started to pop off the stems and this is what I came home with.
Pinterest win!
Thanks, Pinterest post!

No comments:

Post a Comment